The main aim of the School is to prepare the Cadets academically, physically and mentally for entry into the Commissioned ranks of the Defence Services through the National Defence Academy. To achieve this, the School provides comprehensive education:
1. To bring each cadet to an educational standard which will enable him to complete successfully in the open competition for admission to the National Defence Academy.
2. To train each Cadet in a manner, which will instill in him qualities of self reliance and confidence and enable him to derive full benefit from the courses of instruction at the National Defence Academy.
3. To render Cadets physically fit to take their place at the NDA and later to face with courage and endurance the hardships inseparable from life in the Armed forces.
4. To render Cadets physically fit to take their place at the NDA and later to face with courage and endurance the hardships inseparable from life in the Armed forces.
5. To impart training to all Cadets so that in consonance with the National Spirit they could conduct themselves with confidence in any society,and
6. To infuse in all Cadets a sense of loyalty, patriotism, individual and corporate responsibility for leading a purposeful life as honest and useful citizens of India.
Sainik School, Lucknow was established in July 1960. The only one of the Sainik schools to be administered by the state government, the alumni of which, Captain Manoj Pandey, posthumously received Param Veer Chakra. It was the first Sainik School in the country, and was followed by the setting up of other Sainik Schools, under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, on the same lines. The education in this school is subsidised by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. It is a boys' residential English medium school affiliated to CBSE Board.
Admission to school is made once a year in the month of April to Class VII and IX only. The written examination for selection of the candidates is normally held in January every year. The actual dates of the examination are notified on school website.
Application form to be filled online only through school website www.upsainikschool.org.
CLASS 7th SAMPLE PAPERS
(a) For admission to school, candidates must qualify in the written examination, consisting of one question papers, i.e., will be called for interview on basis of merit. Admission is granted on the basis of merit after interview and Medical Examination. 10 seats are declared as part of Payment seats. Fee structure of the Payment seat-would be double the normal fee. Payment seats therefore will be offered to the candidates in order of merit till the merit rank of 100 only.
(b)Scheme of examination will be as under:- OMR based One question paper having, Mathematics, Intelligence, English, General Knowledge-200 Marks –2:30 hours